The demands on your leadership are vast. You are managing implementation of national and state reforms including common core standards, PARCC assessment, and educator evaluation, among others. Additionally, you are working to accomplish critical goals around raising student achievement, narrowing achievement gaps, growing strong instructional leaders, empowering school-based decision-making, supporting college and career readiness, and transforming school culture.
- Conduct Learning Walks and Guided Observations to grow administrator knowledge and support administrator capacity for identifying, evaluating, and growing effective practice strategically
- Guide educators in crafting common core aligned curriculum and assessment tools
How can Teaching and Learning Alliance help Administrators?
We leverage support for administrators in partner districts through strategic professional learning models, including the following:
- Co-contsruct a customized plan to address needs of principals, curriculum coordinators, and superintendents
- Provide a team of seasoned master educators on the ground in your district to carry out action steps outlined in the plan
- Facilitate professional learning workshops, leadership teams, book study groups, and Professional Learning Communities (PLCs) to examine best practices
- Provide demonstration lessons and in-class coaching to instill enduring, research-based practice
- Grow sustainable “Lab Classrooms” where intense support provided to Lab
- Classroom Teachers yields a “fishbowl” learning environment for colleagues throughout the school to observe, experiment, reflect, and transfer learning back in their own classrooms