TLA Supports Coaches
Instructional coaches are guiding the change process from within classrooms while often juggling direct service, consultation to administrators, and facilitation of workshops, leadership teams, data analysis exercises, and planning sessions. A partnership with Teaching and Learning Alliance can help coaches tackle and master this work.
How can Teaching and Learning Alliance help Coaches?
We provide dynamic, customized support for coaches in partner districts through strategic professional learning models, including the following:
- Annual Coaches Institute
- Co-coaching partner schools
- Demonstration lessons
- Curriculum planning and mini lesson mapping
- Learning walks with coaches and teachers
- Guided observation programs (hosted visits to other TLA partner schools to observe and analyze best practices)
- Study groups
- Professional book clubs
- Informal needs assessments